Bill Kneeland, J.D., M.B.A.
Bill is the founding partner of Kneeland & Lazure. He is an active member in his profession and assists his clients with a wide variety of legal opportunities, issues, and concerns. His approach to each legal situation is grounded in his diverse background as an attorney, mediator, and business person. Prior to beginning his legal career, he worked for Merrill Lynch and International Harvester.
He also served in the Peace Corps where he helped agricultural workers establish small businesses. Bill eventually became a successful business owner himself, and he received an M.B.A. from Colorado State University. He has served as a business educator at Colorado State University, Front Range Community College, and in community workshops teaching retail marketing, business law, and starting your own business classes. This unique background allows him to give his clients outstanding and well-rounded legal advice in all of his legal practice areas.
He is married to Christine Kneeland and they have two children and four grandchildren. Bill has been on the Board of World Wisdoms Project since 1997. Bill was a member of Homeward 2020, a community based initiative with the goal to end homelessness and to make homelessness rare, short-lived and non-recurring in Fort Collins.
- University of Wyoming School of Law, J.D.
- Colorado State University, M.B.A.
- Loras College, B.A.
- Lecturer, Starting Your Own Business, Front Range Community College and community workshops
- Adjunct Faculty, Legal Environment of Business, Colorado State University
- Adjunct Faculty, Retail Marketing, Colorado State University
- Pro Bono Legal Services Volunteer, Larimer County Bar Association
- Member, Larimer County Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Emeritus Member, Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel, Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra
- Past President, Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors, Homeward 20/20
- Founding Member, Poudre High School Foundation
- Board of Directors, TIR / World Wisdoms Project
- Board of Directors, Community Learning Centers
- Member, United Way of Larimer County’s Campaign Advance Team
- Avid supporter of performing arts groups, including Bas Bleu Theater, Open Stage Theater, Beet Street, and Arts Incubator of the Rockies
- Interests: Hiking, bicycling, snow-shoeing, skiing, traveling, photography, and attending South by Southwest