Julia Lazure, J.D.
Prior to joining Kneeland & Lazure Law, LLC, Julia served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Michael A. Martinez, and as the Family Court Facilitator at Denver District Court, where she collaborated with eighteen different judges and worked with represented and non-represented clients accessing the Court for domestic relations issues.
Julia Kneeland Lazure is a partner at Kneeland & Lazure Law, LLC, where she works with individuals and families to navigate major changes in their lives, so they can have peace of mind and plan for their futures in the areas of estate planning, business law, and family law. She graduated from the University of Colorado School of Law.
She is married and has two young children. Together they enjoy traveling, reading, and being with friends. Julia is a long-standing member of the planning committee for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Annual Continuing Legal Education Conference, she is the editor for the Colorado Women’s Bar Association’s Under Pressure Blog, and was appointed by the mayor of Denver to serve as a commissioner for the Denver Women’s Commission.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- Merit-based scholarship recipient
- Internship, International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands
- Events and Symposium Editor, Colorado Journal of Internal Environmental Law and Policy
- Pro Bono Legal Service Award
- Creighton University, B.S.B.A in Accounting, co-major in Spanish
- Magna cum Laude
- Treasurer, Alpha Kappa Psi Accounting Fraternity
- Participant, Anna Tyler Waite Leadership Program
- Past President, Junior League of Denver
- Board of Directors, Junior League of Denver Foundation
- Commissioner, Denver Women’s Commission
- Board of Directors, Sewall Child Development Center
- Committee Member, Children’s Museum Denver Marsico Campus Birthday Bash
- Founding Member, Something Awesome Professional Community Leadership Program
- Emerging Leaders Council, Mile High United Way
- Functional Spanish Speaker
- Interests: traveling, exploring cities, running, skiing, and reading
- Colorado Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education intensive 40-hour mediation training
- Editor of the Colorado Women’s Bar Association Under Pressure Blog
- Faculty and Committee Member, Colorado Statewide Alternative Dispute Resolution CLE
- Denver District Court, Ask a Lawyer Clinic
- Guest Lecturer, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law Child Advocacy Externship
- Faculty, Statewide What Works Seminar/CLE
- Trainer, Project Safeguard/Spanish-Speaking Lawyers Section of the CBA
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning Section of CBA
- Member, Family Law Section of CBA
- Member, Solo & Small Firm Section of CBA
- Member, Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals